View Single Post
Old 8 January 2019, 01:44 AM   #106
Muzikman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub (116610LN)
Hi guys,
I’m new to the forum and this is actually my first post! I’m a watch enthusiast and love watches :p now I got myself a rolex sub date in steel last year and am already itching to get myself another jewel soon, though don’t really know when that’s going to actually happen. And Panerai looks intriguing to me hence am here. I have a few doubts as has been researching since couple of days now. I love the domed sapphire crystal look but isn’t it risky? Like I get thoughts already of my hand banging on some wall etc and cracking the beautiful crystal, god forbid. The domed crystal looks so much better and attractive than flat crystal though. But just this concern.

Also love the Pam00233 and Pam00270 look. They are the best ones and gettable in near future, being not super expensive, but the 270 has been discontinued for 533?! Like why? 533 doesn’t even have a domed crystal? 233 is great looker too but has a manual winding mechanism and the difference isn’t much between them then might as well get the 270. But since its already been discontinued, the current inventory won’t last much anywhere I guess and the prices might go high on those last few pieces.

I love the idea of a 44mm watch with black snadwhiched dial, domed crystal with 8-10 days power reserve and a gmt function. With a brown suede or alligator belt. 270 fits the bill perfectly there. 533 missed out on domed crystal. Though like the fully polished dial from the sides on 533, but would attract a lots of scratches in future. 233/270 looks just perfect. Actually like the small blue second hand too but that’s only on 3 days power reserve models I guess. The ones with monopulsate and equation dails on right look too busy for a panerai. Only one small dial on left looks perfect and a small power reserve indicator at the bottom.

So is there any other model that you’ll think fits the bill too?
Muzikman is offline   Reply With Quote