View Single Post
Old 1 December 2013, 09:03 PM   #57
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Incredibly good points by all. Sure it's just a platinum Daytona nothing special right.....I disagree. A Casio G-shock in platinum becomes very special to me. Why, BECAUSE platinum.
If you don't get it, oh well.
Take the Submariner 116619, just the same old Sub, but in very special clothing. It may look like ss but if you saw it on a wrist in public it would make a statement but only to those that know. 90% of real luxury is like that.
And just like when you get dressed, best tuxedo in town, crispy white shirt, immaculate shoes....you feel quite special and different than just a wife beater and cut off shorts, yet it's the same old you.

This Daytona has it's best clothes on, and dammit if doesn't look good. That's all it is and if one cannot understand "why"....then this isn't the thread.
I can't afford one but love to enjoy looking at it in a real setting the same as I admire an Enzo as it roars on by.

So let's back to the pics and perhaps start another thread and discuss its value, collectibility and blah, blah, blah.
All this talk is taking up precious picture real estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote