Thread: Taking a hit
View Single Post
Old 14 October 2021, 10:20 AM   #12
pnwyankee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaw1010 View Post
If any of you have resold your Breitling how long did you hold onto it before deciding to take a loss? I purchase a new Galactic diamond mop 36 approx 6 months ago from my AD and it’s beautiful however since then I got a Rolex 36 Datejust mop that I decided will be my daily watch and have others for a my sporty watch.

I hate to hold onto a watch I prob won’t wear as much now. I got an offer from a popular online place that I’ve purchased from in the past (not sure if I’m allowed to mention who they are) that gave a consignment price which isn’t too bad and they take a 15% cut but I would still lose approx $2k which is a big hit in just a few months. Is it better to take the hit now and move on ?

I did submit it to Breitling on their website for a trade quote and the offer was so horrible. Just hate having a watch sit not bring worn….
I recently had a similar experience with Breitling. Purchased a brand new Navitimer because I always admired the brand and obviously the Navitimer is a classic.
After two months of wearing it only around the house, just did not "bond" with the watch.
I had already cut off the little Breitling tag and was past the thirty day return window and Breitling completely blew me off when I reached out to them with my sad story
I listed it on the BreitlingSource forum at a $500 discount and never got a single bite. Just dropped it another $500 and still nothing

What is the message here? "Drive it off the lot" and the value falls off precipitously?
Would that happen with an Omega or Tudor?
Is the message only buy pre-owned Breitling?

Has anybody facing this situation attempted to write a letter to a top executive at the company? If I were in charge of Breitling USA, I would be interested in knowing that the message is, "never buy new!"

Does anybody know how to get an email address for their top execs?
pnwyankee is offline   Reply With Quote