View Single Post
Old 14 May 2019, 11:41 AM   #106
J to the Z
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP
Apologies if I was being a bit over eager. Let me elaborate a little more on my small but growing collection.

I have the Hulk which I purchased new earlier this year and an Explorer II black dial (ref 16570) which I purchased last year. The Explorer II I use mostly as a watch for traveling given the GMT complication, while the Hulk is a daily wearer. Even though green rarely goes with any outfit, I love the way the sunburst dial changes color between green, black, and all the shades in between.

I acquired the Explorer II after searching for about a month and by chance walking into an AD and seeing one in the pre owned case. I tried it on and the rest is history! The Hulk came after about 6 months of getting to know another AD through casual conversations about Rolex and watch collecting in general. Every so often I would stop by the AD and chat up the owner, asking questions about various watches and showing a strong interest in Rolex. After building up a personal connection with the owner of the AD, I expressed a strong desire for the Hulk. Only a month later I got the call one night while I was working late and leapt out of my chair at the news. Needless to say, I’ve been enjoying the Hulk ever since!
J to the Z is offline   Reply With Quote