View Single Post
Old 25 June 2019, 08:39 AM   #214
Passinthru
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavli3 View Post
Did anyone watch the Apollo 11 special on CNN last night?
Lots of actual footage and photos.
One of the most Iconic photos was the one of Buzz Backing down the ladder.
I understand better why he's on the subdial. I don't remember that photo but it was a great shot.

Also Omega finally did some promoting, it looked to me like the steel only version.
But not sure. They showed a shot of an Astronaut and the Flag with 50th Anniversary as the title then they go to a moving video of the entire speedmaster. So I assumed it was the 50th steel version. If anyone else watched I'd like to know what they thought?
I didn't see the movie last night on CNN but it is the same incredible Apollo 11 movie I saw in IMAX last March. There were no Omega commercials before or after the movie that I recall. And I just saw on space.com that CNN will be replaying the movie on 6/29 for those who didn't get a chance to see it last night.

Also, I watched Buzz on TV climb down the ladder 50 years ago. That picture didn't bother me then and it certainly doesn't bother me on the subdial now. That is how he climbed down the ladder and it is exactly how I would climb down a ladder, with or without a space suit.
Passinthru is offline   Reply With Quote