View Single Post
Old 10 March 2020, 11:42 AM   #1359
BumbleB
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I agree my friend. However as I said before I know they didn’t Quarantine the whole country. Yet they are hovering at around 85,000 cases and 3000 deaths. Now either those numbers have only paused temporarily and are going to significantly increase rapidly and soon, or they are lying to us and those numbers already have increased significantly. Those people who are panicking must believe the UK numbers you cited earlier. 65 million Americans infected and 650,000 deaths if 20% of the country get the virus. Bumblebee, you seem quite concerned about all of this (not criticism just observation) do you believe those are the numbers the United States will see over the course of the next year? If so why? I have not read anything from US government agencies saying anything like that. I’ve seen some YouTubets saying that as well as a few opinion pieces but nothing official.

I have no idea about the USa as I don’t know what their containment strategy is. I live in Asia but travel frequently between EU, USA and Asia. My colleagues in the US didn’t take it serious at all and asked me to travel to Korea when it was accelerating there, until about one or two weeks ago as it was too far for them to understand the seriousness of the situation. When it broke in Italy they started to take notice and it all went downhill from there.

So far no country has let it ‘run free’ to see what happens and how fast it spirals out of control. I hope it stays that way and hope governments around the world are able to contain the spread.

As the virus progresses to less prepared countries we’ll probably unfortunately see what happens if not properly contained.

I believe it should also be a push to the scientific community to focus on research for vaccines for novel corona virus such as this one and not stop/slow down research for a solution when the threat subsides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
♛ Milgauss 116400GV ♛ Deepsea D-Blue 116660 ♛ Submariner 114060 ♛ Submariner 116613LN ♛ Exp. II black 216570 ♛ Exp. II white 226570 ♛ Sky Dweller white 326933 ♛ Sky Dweller Blue 326934 ♛ GMT II 116710 black ♛ GMT II 126710BLRO ♛ GMT II 126711CHNR ♛ GMT II 126710BLNR ♛ Daytona 116509 ♛ DD40 228238 H HUBLOT BIG BANG e ceramic C CHANEL J12 3125 AP 3120 MVT