Thread: New and blue!
View Single Post
Old 7 August 2022, 05:32 AM   #15
ikincooper
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivalas View Post
I haven’t just jumped on the blue dial craze (nautilus, jumbo, blue sky, blue VC etc etc)Ever since I’ve been into watches, it’s always been about blue dials for me. From my first major purchase of a blue Omega Seamaster in Belize nearly 20 years ago, to this gorgeous blue 15510.

We had half a dozen friends round this weekend and I was asked about cars - I said I’d rather buy watches than cars and it led on to me showing them these two. None of these people are into watches, nor know anything about watches. Every one of them preferred the silver dial. I explained the enigma in the watch world that blue seems to rule the roost, but no, it was the silver dial.

So whose right and whose wrong eh

P.S. my wife also prefers the silver dial - I may have to trade her in :-)

I’m often torn between wanting an AP blue or silver/white dial one. I’ve been offered a couple of white RO when on vacation in Hong Kong but have always held off pulling the trigger as I’ve really wanted a traditional blue one. That said every time I see a silver dial the way they shimmer in the light is fantastic.

Now that I’ve settled in the UK and am trying to build a relationship with AP UK, I think I’ll take whoever colour I’m offered and be very grateful whatever it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ikincooper is online now   Reply With Quote