View Single Post
Old 1 June 2018, 02:56 AM   #182
douglasf13
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasf13 View Post
Yeah, I mean, what you essentially have is a Rolex DJ case and bracelet with with a slightly different dial and ETA movement. It's a bit like buying a current Lotus with their fantastic and reliable Toyota-based engines.
Speaking of the "Toyota" engine in my Tudor, I had quite a surprise yesterday. I was near my local watch maker, so I popped in and had him regulate my 76200, like I've done for several of my other watches. Well, when I returned to pick up the watch after the regulation, his timegrapher reported an overall variation of...0.0 seconds!

Now, I've had all kinds of watches regulated, from an Exp II, DJ and SubDate, to a Co-Axial, to a basic ETA 2824-2, etc., and I've NEVER had the thing come back exactly dead on. Anything under 2 seconds is fine by me, and 1 second usually fantastic, but 0.0?!?!

Now, sure, the positional variance of this ETA Tudor isn't going to be amazingly stable like the new Tudor in-house movements, which may be among the best ever made in that regard, but the 0.0 overall score is fantastic. Plus, sitting face up, which is how I rest the watch at night, it only gains 0.2 seconds, so I can't wait to see how the thing looks in a month.

It's only been a day or so, but it's still spot on at the moment.
douglasf13 is offline   Reply With Quote