View Single Post
Old 21 May 2013, 01:46 PM   #22
Jack T
"TRF" Member

Watch: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingoo93 View Post
Hello

I'm going to try and give a non-biased review on my new Rolex DJ 36mm in SS on Jubliee bracelet.

As some may know, I recently bought this watch (around 1 week ago) its early days as of yet, but I feel I have been with the watch for long enough to get a 'sence' of how it wears with daily use.. As with any Rolex watch, they are engineered to perfection, there are so many different variations/models yet Rolex always pull it of and remain iconic and loyal to earlier models, like the Porsche 911, always evolving, yet ellegantly classic with a modern contempory twist.

The Case and Bracelet finishing...

The combination of polished centre links, shoulders, case sides and fluted bezel against the brushed outer links, gives the watch a certain 'glimmer' and 'luster', all of this combined, looking at the watch from a far, its very distinguishable.

Under close up inspection, the quality of the finish is perfection.

The dial..

The white that Rolex use, is exactly that, its WHITE, very WHITE.. I think of it as an ice white or porcelain white, a versitile 'colour' which I think resembles purity/freshness.

The bezel...

The fluted white gold bezel catches the light beautifully, the light bounces off and dances around its 'diamond cut' facets.

The Clasp...

Concealed, hidden, comfortable and very much so bracelet like.. with a 36mm case size, the clasp is perfectly balenced and in proportion with the rest of the watch.

I hope you enjoyed my mini review.. yeaa the 'non-biased' thing, well...

THANKS FOR READING!

Good review, I agree with your observations. For the record, I purchased a 116234 about two weeks ago - SS, WG fluted bezel, jubilee bracelet and...Roman numerals on a rhodium dial. I love the look, and your TT with Romans on white is beautiful, the white dial suits it best. Enjoy!
Jack T is offline   Reply With Quote