View Single Post
Old 20 April 2014, 09:41 AM   #80
KZZN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Cellini 5115
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschneid View Post
I was browsing this thread and noticed the OQ has a rapid date change.

I just acquired a 17013 and the date change is not rapid, instead it takes around 2 hours, from 11ish to 1 ish.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this indicative of the watch needing servicing/containing a franken-movement?

Thanks
Hi,

My previous Oysterquartz, a ref. 19018 Day-Date, had a problem pretty much exactly like this. At around 00:00, the date window would actually get blanked out completely, and the day indicator would get stuck between two days. And then gradually, completing sometime around 02:00 to 03:00, the date would re-appear, and the day would be the full correct day. It took a trip to the RSC to get it sorted.

Although amusingly (though I wasn't amused at the time !), it actually came back with that problem fixed, but with a whole new one courtesy of Rolex. It now changed sharply at midnight with the date advancing correctly, but jumped two days at a time. So (for example) it would go from Monday 1st to Wednesday 2nd to Friday 3rd, and so on. Quite how the RSC missed that who knows, but anyway, back to the RSC it went, and then it came back properly fixed.
KZZN is offline   Reply With Quote