View Single Post
Old 6 December 2018, 07:37 AM   #130
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
I received pics of my watch from the police this morning and...it isn't good. The watch was absolutely run over by a car and the compressed the watch pretty badly.

There is what appears to be substantial damage to the bezel and case in addition to several broken links on the bracelet. The crystal appears fine on both sides and the movement looks OK but there's really no way to know if it's been damaged until AP opens it up.

Based on the case damage, especially around where the plots connect to the case, I just don't see how that will be repaired and restored as the damage looks significant - ditto the bezel. The bracelet I imagine can be salvaged by replacing the broken links but I expect the bezel will surely need to be replaced - not sure if the case is salvageable.

I'm just hoping it isn't a total loss as this point but I am cautiously optimistic the movement is secure. Will time it when I get the watch back from the police to see how it's holding up. It's currently being held in evidence as part of the investigation so I just don't have more to share or offer on that front at this time.

I'll share an update when I have one.

jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote