View Single Post
Old 6 December 2018, 09:24 AM   #135
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Ouch - but could honestly have been a lot worse. The fact it’s still ticking according to your earlier post is also testament to proving it’s not just Rolex that can take a licking and keep ticking.

Mechanical force will damage nearly anything if the forces are right, but considering it was run over by a car, it doesn’t look too bad ! You can really see where the bezel edge took the brunt of the force and folded over itself.
Yes - all; things considered, it held up really well and thank god it was in a soft padded case with a shell and bubble wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhacker View Post
Wow, what a crazy, unlucky string of events!
It's just been an unbelievable sequence of events, I tell you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
Wow. I read the part about being run over and expected a complete mess. Apart from the bracelet that damage could almost have been caused simply by the fall from your backpack onto a hard rough surface.

Hoping you can get it repaired quickly.
I was actually surprised when I saw the pics because I really thought the watch would be intact. I guess I was hoping it wasn't really run-over but all things considered, it's in better shape than I could have expected.

My main question/concerns are 1. is the movement OK and 2. Will the watch need to be re-cased?

Once this is all said and done, I am going to wear the hell out of this watch. I was planning on babying it as it's the most valuable piece in my collection, but I'm going to really enjoy wearing it as frequently and carefully as possible until it's ready to be passed down.
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote