View Single Post
Old 7 December 2018, 04:33 AM   #146
jbk45
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0st0 View Post
Oh wow, looks pretty good for being run over, looks like the bracelet took the brunt of the force
The bracelet and the left side of the case appear to have absorbed it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_gray View Post
not ideal but still pretty good outcome from where we started. @JK45 i fell off my bike with my HULK 3 years ago. scratched the bezel up pretty bad. not ideal but its personalised now right! get this watch going but don't be obsessive about aesthetics i think because it'll still be bling with a scratch or two.
I hear you on the added character - I think I'd be more inclined to embrace that had the watch not been 3 weeks old and in like-new condition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocN55 View Post
My heart truly melts for stories like these! I'm so glad that OP found his watch back.
It's really too bad that the watch is a bit rough but from the images it looks like it can be repaired.

Happy for you OP! And hope you've recovered well from your surgery!
Thanks so much! I am in physical therapy now and working my way back to a full recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc12 View Post
I would get the bracelet repaired and keep it as is. It’s an amazing memory and will always remind you to persevere
I'm going to see what it's like once I get it back in my possession. My request will be to have all of the damaged parts replaced and I'll ask if AP will allow me to keep the damaged original links, bezel etc as mementos.

But this truly is an almost unbelievable story and this thread will serve as a really interesting record of the entire experience that I'll be able to revisit and reflect on for (hopefully) decades to come (long live TRF!)
jbk45 is offline   Reply With Quote