View Single Post
Old 12 January 2017, 03:33 AM   #4
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_pace View Post
I have learned I am truly a one watch guy. Sometimes I think it'd be cool to have multiple pieces, but then I decide I'd rather just have one "grail" watch.

My question is, for the one watch guys, do you have a progression in mind?

For me, my only watch right now is a 16610, next watch on my mind (that I'll trade my 16610 for) is a 116613, and then after owning that for a while, I'd like to own a solid gold Rolex and trade in the 116613 (model TBD).
I feel exactly the same way, OP. I have a 114060 and it's all I need. I think it would be awesome to have other pieces and I have had a small collection before.

I don't plan to progress. For me, I feel the closer you go to "grail" i.e. solid gold Rolex, the further away it becomes from being "one watch-able". I guess it depends on how you wear your SS Sub. I wear my watch for everything including scuba. As BADLY as I'd love to have a WG blue Sub...I'd still need another watch cause I just wouldn't want to wear the gold Sub the way I do my SS. I enjoy being able to wear my SS sub the way I do. It means I'm really enjoying it and most of all getting my money's worth. Luckily for me, the normal run o the mill Sub really is my favorite watch. I really enjoy it and see no reason for anything else.