View Single Post
Old 23 January 2024, 03:52 PM   #76
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceriano View Post
Highly doubt it. They have a hard time selling their PM models at msrp with the current production rate. Imagine they make +1M high end pieces, they’d be sitting on pile of inventory. Rolex is geared towards upper middle class. Very few can shell out $100k+ for a watch.
I agree with you, which is why I said "they can't sell +1M watches a year and abandon the SS and TT base models." I could have worded it better. Basically, they will still need their SS and TT base models to drive volume and revenue, but, Rolex will try to keep the image of exclusivity with ~6 month waits or more for certain pieces (Sub, GMT, Skydweller, Daytona) - which I think is fine to protect the brand. However, I do see them continuing to move up market to try and compete with Patek through new complications, limited edition PM pieces sold in boutiques, maybe hand finished pieces, etc. Patek comfortably sells 60,000+ high-end watches a year, so Rolex can continue to move upmarket.

Who really knows, I could just as easily be wrong, but I'm bored on a Monday night so might as well pontificate about The Crown.
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote