View Single Post
Old 9 April 2020, 08:36 AM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytamp View Post
I’m now in the market to get a 90s (era) Navitimer either the Airborne, Cosmonaute or Twin Sixty 2 to commemorate my flying career.

If I may ask:

1. If any of you have or had owned on these three models I mentioned above, kindly please share you thoughts with me (what you like/unlike).

2. For this nineties period, what kind of box/paper I expect to get for a full set: yellow box with yellow papers or blue box with white papers or combination on these?

3. How long the ideal service interval for the 2892/7750 based movement?

Can’t comment on question 1 as I haven’t owned those specific models, although in many cases Navitimer variations are only superficially different.

For question 2 it very much depends on which period (early, mid or late) in the 90s, because boxes changed, and some specific watches came with different boxes than the main.

The simple answer for question 3 is every five years - but Breitling would probably say a minor service every two years and a major every five, and some watch owners would say that most watches can go without a service for ten year, provide the last service was done using modern lubricants.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote