View Single Post
Old 2 May 2020, 03:13 AM   #1
JSolution
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD
Indestructible gold watch

I’ve owned this 18k solid gold breitling for around 12 years, it was the second watch I ever purchased. I think it’s a late 70s early 80s model Although I’m not sure it has no papers. I’ve never polished or serviced it although the days wheel has started to stick so it’s time to go in.

I bought it when didn’t really know much about watches and I’d previously bought a Rolex datejust. Over the last couple years my watch collection has increased tenfold. I’m someone who tries to avoid scratches as much as possible but when I bought this and only had the two watches I really didn’t care of ever think about it over all these years. Added some photos of the condition and I don’t have one dent, ding or more than a surface scratch on it over all those years, I’ve smashed it off doors took it swimming on numerous holidays (yes on the leather) and really just abused it and I’m surprised on the condition. Really makes me think I don’t need to be as careful as I am with my gold watches. The case back is very scratched I think that must of been the previous owner and must of been on a different strap, as the deployment clasp that I have on it makes it impossible to lay it flat.

Anyway, the point of this post is due to the rise in gold prices this watch has now been rendered indestructible. It’s now worth a few hundred pounds more than I paid for it in scrap gold. There’s literally nothing I can do to this watch to devalue it lets see if it outlives me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JSolution is offline   Reply With Quote