View Single Post
Old 18 February 2010, 03:37 PM   #103
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizerman View Post
I own both and they are too different to compare.

The only issue I have with Rolex is the sizes of their mens watches. They have refused (other than the recent DSSD) to increase the case size and the 40mm's look almost feminine to me now. I know 3 women who wear 40mm Rolexes and none of them weigh more than 120 lbs.

I'm not looking for a 46mm Rolex, but come one, change with the times a bit...or atleast adjust to the size increase in human beings!

I think a 42mm sub or GMT option would be nice and very popular. After wearing a 44mm PAM or a Breitling, my Rolex just looks so small on my wrist.
I agree...yet I think you'll find the majority on this forum prefer status quo and therefore resist change. Even mentioning a Sub going to 40+mm around these parts seems to quickly take on a sacrilegious tone that is nothing but blaspheme...oh yeah, and don't even get me started on the reaction to a...hold your breathe...dare I say it...Daytona-Date! If I read one more, "The Daytona is PERFECT, don't change an ICON" I'm going to puke. No watch is 'perfect', yet all too often many seem to think that's the case.
moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote