View Single Post
Old 17 July 2019, 02:01 AM   #160
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
The problem is that I believe PP/AD could simply provide a full refund. That may be fine on an easily-obtainable piece, but in this case, it could be years before OP sees the same watch available again.

However, should the OP demand a new watch, PP will likely take the old one back, completely recondition it, and then sell it as new. I know this because when my 5065 died after a month of wear, I insisted on a brand new one. Several months after receiving it I got a call from the AD, asking if I could send back the box/papers from the original, as it had been reconditioned by PP and was back in their display case.

Due to its thinness, doesn't the Nautilus bracelet use pins, instead of screws? Probably a lot harder to get that so perfect when you have so little space to work with and aren't using threaded screws that stop going in when the threads end.
Patek used screws until the white dial model came out and then went to pins. Reason given was the screws could come out, however, this is not an issue with Rolex or AP. I do not believe PP realized how "low end" pins are viewed when used in watch bracelets. When I needed a link removed from my 5711 by a local watch dealer, not a Patek AD, he could not believe such an expensive watch used pins.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote