Thread: Watchfinder
View Single Post
Old 18 August 2017, 05:14 AM   #10
WWCO
"TRF" Member

Watch: Not enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
I previously found them good however I sold them my AP rgrc late last year and the experience wasn't great. I sent them my watch which had just been serviced and had a new rubber bezel fitted to be appraised at the Leeds store after an online offer to buy from head office.

The manager confirmed that the watch was in good working order and gave me a receipt and said the money should be in my account within 2-3 days from receipt in London. It turned out that at best payment is 5-6 days but in my case (bear in mind that the watch had just been serviced by AP and I provided all the service paperwork) they removed the case back without permission and informed me that they were carrying out thorough tests.

Over the next 3-4 weeks each time I rang for an update I was informed that they were still carrying out tests, this really worried me. In the end I rang them and told them that I was sending someone to collect the watch that day as I'd had enough, I was put on hold and then informed that my watch had passed the tests and they would offer me the maximum amount from the original offer range.

The whole experience put me off dealing with them again and when I recently sold my wife's old Daytona I went elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW! That's scary, i don't blame you for not going back! You can only imagine some of the other "tests" they put watches through before getting back to people.
WWCO is offline   Reply With Quote