View Single Post
Old 13 April 2014, 04:57 AM   #64
Presa canary
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer ii
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekbum View Post
The op in his original post said this :I was shocked, to say the least, when I received the estimate of $1600 from Rolex! Not so much the fact that there were worn out gaskets and that the watch had zero waterproof protection, or that any of the near 30 year old parts that need replacing. No, I was shocked because Rolex refused to repair it unless I would replace the COUNTERFEIT crystal on the watch first.

To put this to rest will the OP post a document from Rolex on Rolex letterhead that says exactly what he wrote :
(No, I was shocked because Rolex refused to repair it unless I would replace the COUNTERFEIT
crystal on the watch first.)

Tony Does the estimate say counterfeit crystal as you said it did?
An unsolicited PM from a friend of yours to me said he has seen it and according to what he wrote me I don't see the word counterfeit ?

My interest is in the crystal topic not the dealings of these 2 members. The Oysterquartz and the 1530 before it were the 1st Rolex watches that used sapphire crystals. They had many suppliers of
crystals over the years. So what's real ,aftermarket , counterfeit and fake is what I want to know?
Obviously rolex could tell it wasn't their crystal. Hence making it counterfeit. The definition of counterfeit, something made cheap in this case prob $5, to resemble something else expensive, in this case $200. Plane and simple here, pay for a real fing crystal, or else don't claim it to be 100% authentic.