View Single Post
Old 25 January 2017, 01:43 AM   #35
Kenrocks
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona Dreaming View Post
Thanks for all the responses to my OP. Another observation I've made based on the new Daytona's for sale on the forum is the white face's asking prices are higher. Are there any production stats on the Black face vs White? Are white more rare?

I had my Rolex cherry popped with the white dial Daytona C early December 2016 after I saw it on magazine and went immediately like I've got to get myself one of these. I did some brief research and looked at both black and white dials and when I found that the little dials for the black are silver instead of white, it became a more obvious preference for me to buy the white dial which has smaller dials in black color which go nicely with the black ceramic bezel. I am a newbie to Rolex watches and am certainly no expert but I think may be for the same reason the white dial version catches more eyes and higher demands mean a slightly higher asking prices.

Before I saw this watch I didn't have much feeling about Rolex watches at all, now I'm spending a hour a day browsing through TRF and other websites - with a particular interest in Daytona and somehow the older generations also started to catch my eye now. I guess that's what people refer to as the Rolex bug-bite, huh huh .... And like yourself Daytona Dreaming, I too own some IWCs but they never got me hooked like this before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kenrocks is offline   Reply With Quote