Thread: Raindrops
View Single Post
Old 30 September 2005, 02:33 AM   #22
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
Peter, making prints grainy can be done a few ways, but playing with the exposure time in the darkroom is one way... another is pushing the film, i.e., setting the ISO on the camera waaay faster than the film and then processing for the duration the phantom ISO requires. Eg. you can push a 400 asa film to 1200 asa which would really grain it out.
Yes agree that Ilford 400 Asa I found you could push it to do most anything you liked,and still gives great results.But in the colour dept liked Fuji film for the
rich greens and reds,my favourite then was Fuji Asa 160 professional a
brilliant film for all portraits.But you had to get your exposure spot on,it was
very unforgiving that way,not like some of the other branded films with greater latitude.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote