View Single Post
Old 1 December 2021, 05:36 AM   #4
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
Hi All,

I am a new watch collector (only been enjoying this exciting passion for the last <1Yr) and I have my heart set on a 26315ST 38mm Chrono, in the blue/white panda dial configuration.

Currently I have a 116500LN white Daytona and 116613LB two tone 'Bluesy'. Both purchased from grey dealers off of this website (both a pleasure to work with!).

My question is:
- Do I have any hopes of acquiring one from an AD or is this simply impossible, as is the case with virtually any Rolex? If it's not impossible, what steps might I take to make it happen?
- Pricing seems extremely volatile on them currently, do you have suggestions as to what a reasonable grey market price would be for a lightly used full set example, if buying from an AD is out of the question?
- I do also want a 15450ST white dial, might I have better luck trying to track one of those down from an AD?

I live in Seattle WA USA. Very new to this watch collecting world so any noobie guidance is greatly appreciated. I'm used to this 'game' with higher end cars, but seems like watches take it to an entirely new level of difficulty!
It was always sought after, particularly the blue panda but now is even more challenging. Doesn't hurt to ask though and you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoveWatch View Post
Going to say it'll be near impossible to get as a first piece as a first time buyer at an AD/Boutique. These weren't so tough to get just last year, but with recent events and talks of this eventually discontinuing.. you can see the market price reflecting, especially on that particular dial.

I own the ruthenium dial 26315 which I received recently but that was with history with the Boutique. It's a lovely piece and wears great, especially if you enjoy the size and wear of your daytona.
I would be surprised if they discontinued it already as it hasn't really been out that long. And I don't think the new movements will fit the 38mm case. Where did you hear that??