View Single Post
Old 1 December 2021, 03:02 PM   #10
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
Hi All,

I am a new watch collector (only been enjoying this exciting passion for the last <1Yr) and I have my heart set on a 26315ST 38mm Chrono, in the blue/white panda dial configuration.

Currently I have a 116500LN white Daytona and 116613LB two tone 'Bluesy'. Both purchased from grey dealers off of this website (both a pleasure to work with!).

My question is:
- Do I have any hopes of acquiring one from an AD or is this simply impossible, as is the case with virtually any Rolex? If it's not impossible, what steps might I take to make it happen?
- Pricing seems extremely volatile on them currently, do you have suggestions as to what a reasonable grey market price would be for a lightly used full set example, if buying from an AD is out of the question?
- I do also want a 15450ST white dial, might I have better luck trying to track one of those down from an AD?

I live in Seattle WA USA. Very new to this watch collecting world so any noobie guidance is greatly appreciated. I'm used to this 'game' with higher end cars, but seems like watches take it to an entirely new level of difficulty!

Wouldn’t hurt to express interest in the 26315 ROC, but I’d say you have less than a 1% chance of getting an allocation for this piece. It’s always been very difficult but lately I’d dare say it’s impossible.

This model in both dials has gone nuts. If you can even find someone that actually has it, I’d expect to pay upper $50s to low $60s and even that might be difficult.

I’d absolutely work with an AP boutique on the 15450 silver dial. This should be attainable within a year or so if you’re patient and invest the time in building a relationship and getting the boutique to understand this is a watch you desire for your personal collection. There is zero chance personally I’d take the risk and pay the premium on this model. But if you’re keeping it long term and you’re impatient I always say go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk