View Single Post
Old 26 January 2023, 12:29 AM   #50
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmats View Post
I don’t know. If the market is turning, isn’t it turning on pieces like the 5146 too? I mean that piece was in production for a long time and wasn’t very popular at the end. I bet a lot of the people listing at the current price may be doing in an aspirational way. Or they may not be selling. And I say that as someone who relatively recently acquired one.

And at the end of the day, if you’d rather have a 5226 than a 5146, this is an easy way to do so without incurring a lot of transaction cost hassles or private sales or buying from someplace like MODA. For a lot of people that has significant value.
I think everything is slowing, nautiluses are sitting and have dropped in price a lot. Aquas are sitting and have dropped in price a lot. I cannot imagine it is easy to move a 5146G right now, so understand why OP would take this route to make it easy but that's a big and unnecessary hit he took IMO with the AD taking the same ole hot market attitude. Again, I get it and if losing that money is no big deal to a seller, go for it. My issue isn't there, its with the AD's I suppose who have acted like this market isn't a good thing but then continue to take advantage and rake it in while they can when they know damn well things are cooling. There is no way you have the line out the door that they had 9 months ago asking for various references, they know it. Drumming up a deal on a Calatrava right now? Come on.....
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote