View Single Post
Old 10 October 2019, 04:38 AM   #22
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
It has been mentioned before on other threads but the reason why the secondary values are so low is because of the AD's discounting more than ALS would want them to...
I've believed this for a long time now: ALS prices weirdly. Many of their pieces that should sell much better are priced far too high for the market compared to their more popular competitors (Patek, and possibly even some other Richemont brands like VC and JLC).

ADs discount because they have to, not necessarily because they want to. Why would anyone *want* to leave money on the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
...and Richemont has had enough especially since the brand is increasing in popularity.
I love Lange, but from what I can tell, it's not increasing in popularity compared to other brands (even other Richemont brands). They're still weirdly positioned in the marketplace, and suffer from horrible marketing as they always have.

That said, I'd say Lange is still my absolute favorite of the high-end Richemont brands. And I want to see them succeed.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote