View Single Post
Old 8 February 2018, 08:49 AM   #35
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisquitlips View Post
Hey Jim,

You have a wonderful collection of the Urushi and Maki-e pens can you tell us where you purchase them typically.

I have found a a couple on Ebay and of course one magnificent personal TRF friend to us all, but outside Binder's site where most of them appear to be on a 1 to 2 year backlog, I am not sure really where the best places are to find them.

Thanks!
There really hasn't been a typical place. There have been the few places that handled the pens as retail, John Mottishaw and Bryant Greer and Iguana Sell and Sakura Fountain Pens and a few private individuals that had direct connections with Danitrio and so always had some great examples to sell. But only a few of my fountains pens (and it's true pretty much across the board) came through the direct retail channel. Most came from another lover of fine fountain pens or some of the older retail channels that have now disappeared. A few were ordered directly from the maker.

Remember though, what is here now is an accumulation over many decades and just one or two pens a year.

Today Bryant Greer is a definite enabler when it comes to Danitrio and his Consignment Pens often have jewels (there is a Platinum Izumo there right now at a price I haven't seen in many years).
jar is offline   Reply With Quote