Old 16 February 2020, 11:18 PM   #92
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
I have read the whole thread. Salient points:

1) Given how careful you are with your watches, AD most likely scratched it
2) AD has sold you this white Daytona, as well as other hot watches, so clearly is good to you (and vice versa)
3) Living with it or polishing it won't work for you

So the only choice is to replace the clasp. I would take one of your other pristine, taped, perfect watches in to the AD to calmly and nicely show them how you like to keep your watches (no judgement from me). Explain that you can't keep the Daytona that way because they already "damaged" it. Ask them if they will pay for replacing the clasp or perhaps split the cost with you. And hope that they don't decide that you aren't worth the trouble in this day and age of them having an unending waiting list for hot models.

It is an unfortunate truth that they MAY decide that you are harder to please and they would in the future prefer to execute a nice, easy sale with someone else. Or they may decide that you are still a valued customer, who is very particular, and in this case they did something that left a slight mark and they have to own up to it and make it right.

Good luck. I also agree with all the folks that suggested you buy tools to resize your watches yourself. Again, no judgement, but you would likely be most happy to buy watches still in the coffin, take them home and size them carefully, and then wrap them as you see fit, and then wear them as you see fit. That way you will know that anything that happens to them is on you.

Well said