View Single Post
Old 17 February 2020, 01:03 AM   #112
schoolboy
Banned

Watch: 116234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonRain View Post
So, in advance, please refrain from making any comments like, get over it, it was bound to happen anyway (especially considering that is not true based on information you will read below), you're being OCD, it's just a watch , it gives character battle scares, etc.

I have included a photo of the clasp, with 3M tape over it. I'm VERY careful with my watches, and I am not a fan of polishing. Hence, I put 3M helicopter tape because I'm always at a desk and I do a lot of desk driving. To that end, the whole, it would have happened anyway really doesn't apply to me here, fortunately or unfortunately.

The AD took the plastics off and then went to size the watch herself. I do not know whether it was the SA or another agent at the ad who caused the minor damage on the clasp. I know she got help sizing it.

Detail of damage:

It's about three scratches, at the PCL as well as the brushed area. It can only be seen when the light hits it at a certain angle. So if I'm in a lit room, and I twist my wrist, it doesn't necessarily mean that it can be seen. Light literally has to hit it For to show, so it's not particularly deep.

Background / relationship

I'm really friendly with my SA. They have been really good to me and I have been really good to them, and I don't want to leave a bad taste in their mouth. So I am not trying to be demanding or annoying, but at the same time, I'm disappointed that this happened, and that extra care wasn't taken. Plus, I don't know whether it was SA or another agent.

Things that are not an option:

Polishing or buffing it out.

How do you think I should proceed? It obviously bothering me enough that I am posting this ....

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback. P.s. For those wondering why I put helicopter tape, because I want to protect my jewelry, to keep it shiny new and sparkly, somewhat in line with me putting 3M on my phone that is 1/20th the value.

I don’t know man. That’s a lot of scratching for a brand new watch.

I’m one of the guys that thinks scratches will come anyway, and they add personality to the watch.

But those scratches are big, even if not deep, and the fact that someone else put them on your brand new watch is bothersome.

Why don’t you go talk to the AD and ask them to make it up somehow without polishing the watch.

I understand you have a nice relationship ship with them, but if they do it again, are you going to let it happen again? I wouldn’t.

Plus, they need to know so that they can be more careful next time.

Let us know what you decide to do.