View Single Post
Old 27 February 2020, 06:28 PM   #185
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

I feel for you - your purchase history would suggest that you’re not the archetype flipper and if your honest intentions were to upgrade to the Daytona then it’s a crappy situation. In theory you own the watch and it should be yours to do as you please.

On the other hand we all want the shortage to stop and flippers contribute to the watches we want being unavailable. ADs don’t want to deal with flippers as it gives them a bad rep, and can leave them in a sticky situation with Rolex if found out. Listing a super hot model for sale in a new condition is flipper behaviour and the AD is within their rights to call you out.

I’d be surprised if there was someone at Rolex HQ searching out new listings, most likely the AD or another frustrated customer waiting for a Pepsi that has come across the listing. It wouldn’t take an AD long to do this and it’s not difficult to search for BLRO on eBay and filter it to UK only and new condition.

I’d suggest going grey for the Daytona. Your AD isn’t going to sell you one and starting at a new AD is going to take too much time. If you sell the Pepsi at market value then the uplift to acquire the Daytona won’t be too much. Hopefully you get the one you really want and you can chalk this down to experience & others can take away a lesson...