View Single Post
Old 27 February 2020, 08:22 PM   #195
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

I can sell anything that belongs to me. A seller (private, shop, chain) can decline to sell something to me. We are both within our rights. I evaluate potential clients and ask around. I don't have to work for anyone who wants to hire me. I don't have to sell my services to someone I don't want to. Maybe the AD was blunt. I can see how that would piss off someone. But at least they told it straight.

This is a nothing story. The ongoing result from something that has been so blown up is that other ADs might have latched onto this and added the OP to their banned list. ADs do talk to each other. And to the distributor and to Rolex and to people they know in the grey market, including some of their customers who buy from AD and grey, like me.. Someone who buys a Pepsi in a specific week or month isn't difficult to identify country wide. Customers also approach my AD from time to time to report or complain about flippers, mostly without the full story, but it happens. Or at least it does at my AD.

My AD has a banned list. They try to be balanced about it but they feel the need to look after their local customers. They are not the "Rolex Police" as my AD puts it, but they have to protect their business in the long term. Banning flippers, or the criteria they use for classifying someone as a flipper will not be universally accepted, particularly by customers. But it's their business to run as they see fit. My AD hasn't been in business for over 100 years by some happy coincidence.