View Single Post
Old 27 February 2020, 09:23 PM   #197
makak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
This behavior by an AD is disgusting. Yes, the OP lied, but I can imagine the AD put the wind up him and he admitted it. Frankly, it's the pot calling the kettle black.

It's your watch to sell, if AD'S can sell on the gray market, why not us.

I have had my name down for a Rolex Sub-Date since March last year and not heard a thing, called twice to be told sorry.

That AD has now closed it's doors for renovation and the owners son has moved onto other ventures.

I have had it with the games Rolex AD'S play. It's your money. You buy a watch it's yours to do with what you want.

I have walked with my money and gone elsewhere for arguably a better watch and better customer service, so I decided to buy a Grand Seiko quartz GMT from the Grand Seiko Boutique in Australia instead. Not only was my watch delivered to my house next day. I was given a massive box and a Grand Seiko Paperweight with a 5 year Australian Boutique warranty.

Rolex have lost another potential customer in me. To the OP, I hope you find your grail and that you have continued opportunities to buy the watch you want.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk

Well played. I know exactly the Brisbane AD you are talking about. They still have their other location on the Gold Coast. I recently cancelled the 3 watches I had on order with that same Brisbane AD who treated me with utter contempt. I've happily directed several other friends to a different AD interstate. Enjoy your Grand Seiko, looks magnificent