Old 23 September 2021, 06:36 PM   #21
RegularWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Bathyscape Calenda
Review

Here’s the review

1. The discover of the “Alarm grail”

Is been exactly one week since I’ve received the Tudor Heritage Advisor

Firstable I didn’t know the watch existed until one month ago…

I was looking for an alarm watch and, of course, my choice was the JLC POLARIS MARINER MEMOVOX which is more popular but also quite more expansive (17K€)

Looking inside the Tudor website (i love the new black bay ceramic and I was staring at it) i bumped into this Heritage Advisor and immediately fell in love with it. 

I went to an AD and I tried a silver dial with crocodile strap. The watch was soooo better on my wrist then the MEMOVOX (which i tried a couple of weeks before and it wasn’t love at first sight).

However I did not like the heritage at the AD…I like steel bracelets more then leather straps and also my fiancé allows me to buy only black dial watches (ahahahaah).
For what I wanted (steel and black) I would have to wait 3/6 months and pay the full 5900K price…Sorry but not for me.

So I went on Chrono24 and got an unworn/sealed one from Germany (i’m in Italy) at 4K€. The watch arrived smoothly and i was quite satisfied of the experience.

2. The watch is cool.

It has a titanium/steel case and a very good bracelet. I feel it like an old Tudor ( I have the Big Block) solid and high quality stuff. Also I do not feel it too heavy on the wrist (guess because of the titanium).

The dial is very nice and balanced. The movement is an heavily modified ETA with a in house alarm module by Tudor (which make this movement the first Tudor movement). The date at 6oclock it is a really useful add-on.

I really love the quality of the dial but I have to say something about the sapphire Cristal…it lacks a bit of anti reflective property…comparing it with my fifty fathoms and my Daytona. Anyway do not worry, it is not a real issue, I’ve just notice i little difference with the older brothers.

3. The alarm is fun

Right to the reason of the deal: It’s an automatic alarm watch!!!! It makes noise!!!!

Ok, it is not fully automatic…the memovox is, the advisor has a power reserve indicator at 3 o’clock which indicates how much power you have in the alarm module. When it goes off, the power reserve indicator quickly goes down and every 2/3 times (even every time if you want to ear all the 10/15 seconds alarm sound until the end) you need to go with your hand to the advisor crown and charge it (not a big deal anyway but still important to report).

It is easy to set because of the dial and easy to shut up or activate because of the ON/OFF button (which is not available in the MEMOVOX…).

The live sound is way cooler then in the videos you can find on YouTube. It sounds like a real and elegant old mechanic alarm.

I use it in the morning at 8 a.m. To get me up If I already didn’t, and I use it in the noon, at 3:30 p.m. to wake me when a take a nap.
It is gentle but effective. 

I also use it as an objective STOP to my private sessions (I work as a counselor). 
It is a wonderful tool because with my phone i need to record the session so I can’t set the alarm and with the iPad i run the music on the speakers (and so i cannot set an alarm) so I can let my client know the session is about to end without any electronic devices involved and without stopping the background music or the recording. 

Ok, a 10€ alarm would do fine but….we all know that a swiss-luxury-automatic-alarm-wrist-watch…do it better XD

I suggest the the watch to people who actually need (or very like) to ear an alarm going off at least weekly if not daily.

hope my review was fun and useful at least for some of you

Now i go looking for a 16600 bezel because I found a good Sea dweller (year 1995) at a good price that I want to buy but it has a huge scratches on the bezel…need to see if I can sort it out, find a new bezel, and so buy the watch. The AD put it on 9800€. what do you think about it? (Sorry for the little OP) 

Have a nice one

G
RegularWatch is offline   Reply With Quote