View Single Post
Old 4 October 2019, 02:27 AM   #28
JasonBetts
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
Thank you for clarifying, I misunderstood who was selling the watch. It's good that the seller has an established history, but I agree that vintage Rolex requires special knowledge, and a generic watch/jewelry retailer doesn't typically have that expertise. Perhaps they can give you some information about the history of the watch.

Also, if a high-priced vintage watch will be a hard sell where you live, you might consider making an offer at a significantly lower level. That way you will be protected if you find that the condition is not quite as expected. I would suspect that the seller purchased it at a low price or gave a low trade value for it. In my experience, watch/jewelry stores typically give terrible prices when they buy watches. My local Rolex AD will typically offer less than half of fair market value, and they generally flip it quickly to a broker.

Spot on Dan. They called me just now that some broker reserved the watch until they see and inspect it tomorrow. As i can’t make time tomorrow and if it’s sold, i guess it’s not supposed to be mine. If it’s not sold, i guess the broker doesn’t like what they’re seeing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JasonBetts is offline   Reply With Quote