View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 12:41 PM   #10
LoveTheCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turborolex View Post
Never liked the aqua line and had many opportunities to pick one up. Well made, very light, didn’t like the rubber strap or the bracelet. Definitely no ball tingling here.

Now a 5990 or 5170G, you may get instant tingly balls [emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turborolex

I must admit... I checked out those two models, and ball tingles indeed.
Wowza. The 5990 seems to be a bit more ‘modern’ to my eye while the 5170G appears far more ‘classic’. In either case.... wowza indeed.
And a price tag to go with it.
My most expensive non grey market Rolex out of the box is my white gold, alligator strap sky-dweller (now discontinued); my most expensive non grey market Rolex out of the box is my smurf (white gold blue dial submariner). The smurf I’m in love with; the sky dweller was an impulse buy, Is still fully stickered and stuck in a vault for the next 10 / 20 years.
My two fav everyday watches are my smurf and white dial ceramic 2019 Daytona.

But as I originally stated when I started this thread, I’m looking to stray away from the crown in search of another make and model that holds up well on the ball tingle metric but is not so expensive that it is too expensive to enjoy (for me) to wear.
There is a delta for us all between watch and price. I’m not sure where mine is yet but 6 digits is too much for me to spend on any one singular watch. Ability to spend and desire to spend not withstanding. For a 6 digit price tag, it really better come equipped with a yummie young lady to do the tingling part while I tell the time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LoveTheCrown is offline   Reply With Quote