View Single Post
Old 24 August 2019, 11:15 PM   #212
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
the trend to sports watches is much more than a market trend. it is a global change of life style and the watch market just shows one facet of it. i would not say it is irreversible but will last for many many years to come. surely that does not mean that there is no more place for more formal watches. there is but the niche is getting very small.
Gentlemen, I think you are both right.

Russell is himself and is citing the core Patek collector group which will stay strong. However this group is generally getting annoyed by the Nautilus and Aquanaut fever and hope it passes.

The newer generation Patek collector is much more into Sports watches. However, darn, there is more to life and watches than Aquanauts and Nautiluses. Once you get one of each, its time to move on man :). We're actually still experimenting but will either join Russell's camp or we might end up being multi-brand loyalist but either way the buying and trading may slow down.

The third group are speculators and dealers. I think this group will grow and shrink with the bubble.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote