Thread: Hublot vs Rolex
View Single Post
Old 24 January 2020, 05:17 PM   #8
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamshanks View Post
After collecting Daytonas, Sky Dwellers, Sea Dwellers, etc, etc from Rolex, a part of me is itching to expand the brands in my collection past Rolex and PP. Sure, those are the two brands where prices keep going up. But just in the mood to mix it up a bit. Also tired of always begging ADs to get that next rare PP/Rolex. Ever have that feeling?

Anyhow, at this point, I was considering adding a <gasp> Hublot. Not the overexposed Big Bang but the Mech-10 in blue or black ceramic. Most of me loves it. Manual wind. Innovative materials. Thinking to pull the trigger - but there's that little part of me that keeps thinking "Are you sure - it's an HUBLOT!!"

What do you guys think of the brand and that particular model?

(full transparency - thinking of adding yet another rolex - root beer in TT or this Mech 10 - love the root beer but again, ANOTHER Rolex??)

THX for your thoughts.

Absolute no to Hublot, especially when you are deciding between it and a Rolex.

The Hublot is almost $20K and unless you really 10000000% love it and will NEVER grow tired of it and try to move on from it, it is like burning money. You may not even be able to sell it, the brand is that weak. Rolex is red hot. Hublot is ice cold.
Fleetlord is online now   Reply With Quote