View Single Post
Old 2 December 2021, 01:49 PM   #31
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav01L View Post
Not sure that I’d necessarily agree with that, and I say this as a Lange owner, who no longer has a VC. I would say Lange tends to have more “spectacular” finish in terms of what you get to look at. VC is more quietly excellent, more thoroughly made the way things ought to be made (in Genevean watchmaking). So far, I have found none of the big brands that consistently reaches the level of quality Vacheron offers from the very basic movements like the 4400 upwards. Especially something like the 4400 is certainly more refined than what Lange has to offer in that tier.

As for the cases, chances are both would have been made at Efteor, which certainly makes lots of the Lange cases and I believe the ones for the VC triple calendar too.
I don't necessarily disagree with this. Lange's finishing is definitely more spectacular while VC's finishing is hard to beat as well with traditional Swiss high end quality. I own several watches from both brands and tend to prefer Lange from the back and VC from the front and on the wrist. Lange's cases are superb but they are all the same while VC offers some lovely variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
L&H Friedrich III or the entry level Laurent Ferrier Galet Classic (hand wound, not the micro rotor everyone loves, but Titanium case which adds something to your line up).
Lang and Heyne make spectacular watches and are definitely more rare. I've thought about getting one more than once. Laurent Ferrier is also great, although I much prefer precious metal or even steel over titanium, especially in a dress watch.

The new Patek 6119 is impressive but it's overpriced, in my opinion, and discounts are hard to come by right now considering it's a new watch.

I'm a huge Reverso fan as well and JLC offers great bang for the buck in steel but most of them are machine finished unless you're looking at the Duometre or above.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote