View Single Post
Old 17 March 2019, 12:02 PM   #30
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Thanks to everyone for the amazing responses - makes the hard work worth it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPMN View Post
...Truly some of my favorite threads on this site...
You're too kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montremoi View Post
...excellent control of light.
Many thx - I don't have a studio or anything that sophisticated but we are in agreement that lighting (& focus, DoF) are key

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG56 View Post
...How do you clean the watches? Lol
Actually that's the worse part by far. Even when I do my very best attempt to remove all dust, I'm still looking at some retouching with PShop...

p.s. DoF (Depth of Field) control is also key. Here is a stream with short DoF and deeper focus points...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
and btw .. owning both I can tell you I prefer the Tudor ... I'll add a few pics I made 6 months ago...
Congrats on having both & thx for sharing those awesome comparison photos! I especially love the last one of the BB GMT -
Could you elaborate for us why the BB GMT is your favorite? Did you do a short post on the topic? If so, plz post the link, many thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by whattimeyougot View Post
What lens do you use for the pics?
I'm a Canon man and the lens on my 70D for such work is a very sharp & fast EF-S 60mm f/2.8. Because it's APS-C, it was a good deal at under $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
...Between this and your Seiko, you’ve had a rough few months with watches. Hope the rest of 2019 and beyond is better!
Thank you, my friend! Yes, I hope so too. I can already see that 2019 could be another busy year; SLA033 - Seiko's third vintage tribute (Turtle), Apollo 11 50th Speedmaster SS (tba) and yeah, perhaps another Tudor if they pull another rabbit out of their magic hat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokoru View Post
... Can´t wait to go to the AD and get mine... He has one in store but I admit I am a little afraid of that date issue...
Honestly, I'm not sure how to advise you... 2019 will surely present new opportunities which may also interest you. This way you could hold off for a few mths (the GMT is a general production model). You can rest assured that by mid-year, all new GMTs will be problem-free. You will have to trust your AD that the watch they sell you is really new stock! Best of luck - it is a great watch in all other respects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
...I am into the Tudor line-up in a big way and find the watches to be both dependable, fun to wear and a value...
Agree 110% and looking forward to my next Tudor - maybe even this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Pierce View Post
It landed on my wrist yesterday evening and just waiting for the sun to come up and take a few pics ... I can tell you I'm already more than thrilled...
Congrats, DP! Looking forward to some wristshots too I'm sure it will thrill you for a long while to come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaye View Post
Great post. I am still waiting to see if mine develops the dreaded date bug...loving the watch in every respect otherwise!
Don't sweat it - there are many out there with no issues even after eight months of ownership. If it is a simple over-lubrication affair, I can't imagine each will react adversely to it. If it's a component and you manage 'till service-time rolls around, I'm certain that Rolex will replace it as part of the service. Until then, enjoy it

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlhaluss View Post
...It is a beautiful watch, and I am starting to get much more appreciation of it...
Thanks Carl! It's an awesome watch and while we're talking apple n oranges, the SD43 is still king of the hill
Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote