View Single Post
Old 22 December 2017, 02:34 AM   #168
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
I generally agree with you on this, but even as I read your post I noticed that another poster just 3 before you has just been banned, and he's been a member for a while with a few hundred posts.

We've seen some longstanding forum members, some with thousands of posts, suddenly banned. I'm not suggesting that they're all crooks, but if they're ban-worthy are they trust-worthy?

Best protection if you're wiring funds, short of using a true TS or going to an AD, is being absolutely certain you can track down the seller if something goes awry. Verifying a place of employment is one way. Make sure the seller's got skin in the game and can't easily slip away into the darkness.

This is exactly what I said on the previous page...

If you are not 1,000% sure who you are wiring money to, walk. You need to be 110% confident you know who is receiving the funds. The seller should have zero issues letting you know and providing accurate information either if they expect you to wire them funds.

Furthermore, just because you know isn't good enough - if they're an executive at a publicly traded company, you've got good recourse should they try any funny business (which I doubt anyone is jeopardizing a 6 or 7 figure income for $10k)... If they're Joe Schmoe criminal, you've got a huge headache (and you should just walk to begin with).
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote