View Single Post
Old 22 October 2016, 06:48 PM   #50
Sebastion
"TRF" Member

First post.

Sorry to bring post back from the dead but I purchased a Milgauss Black face GV this week and had the choice between both face types at the dealers. Side by side there were more differences than simply the width of the lettering. The early style has a slightly more subdued white on 'Rolex, Oyster and Chrono' lettering. The later dial is quite noticeably brighter white. Two other things I saw was that the early dial had a better balance on the orange second hand and the orange on the 3,6,9 batons. The orange between those seemed a better match, the 369 were a little more saturated and the second hand a little less so than the later dial. So the overall effect is they match a little better. The later dials second hand was a brighter orange and set against its 369 being slightly less colourful too it does give quite a different feel to the watch when combined with the brighter, wider white lettering. If they weren't side by side, I would have had no idea but having them both there, It Really stood out.

I went for the earlier dial, simply because I prefered the more subdued white letters and the more evenly balanced orange bits. It felt a touch more vintage/subtle to my eye. Had I not seen both together I would have happily bought the other and been as happy as a pig in mud.

Anyway, just thought I'd post as I'd not found these other little quirks listed anywhere else.
Sebastion is offline   Reply With Quote