View Single Post
Old 21 September 2019, 07:51 PM   #9
Hosum
"TRF" Member

Watch: GS SBGA387
Just came back from Japan last week and at the time, the only store that still had the SBGY003 of these was the GS store in Ginza (probably gone by now). Went to nearly 15+ other GS boutiques and large department store dealers in Tokyo and Osaka and none of them had this piece. In contrast, some other limited edition pieces like the SBGK005 were a dime a dozen and on display in nearly all of the boutiques and dept store shops.

Price wise, the SBGY003 was more expensive than in the US. I remember doing the math at the boutique and pre-tax it was slightly greater than $7600+. My recommendation is that if you know you will enjoy this piece, get it from either Japan (for the memory) or US if you come across it since these seem to be harder and harder to come by; honestly, I'm trying to convince myself to drop $7600 on this piece too ;)

I would also suggest checking out some of the 2nd hand used stores since there are occasionally some rare finds. Saw a mint condition SBGJ021 (red hi-beat) in one of the shops for around $6k. But in truth, that was probably the only rare piece that I might have gotten over the SBGY003. All of the other 2nd hand pieces that I came across weren't nearly as beautiful as the SBGY003.
Hosum is offline   Reply With Quote