View Single Post
Old 7 August 2021, 09:52 AM   #23
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortiz317 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread.

I went to Tourneau and tried on a Manero Flyback Chrono. I’ve heard of the brand on and off but I wasn’t that familiar with them.

I agree with op, everyone on Long Island has the big brands, Rolex, Omega, and especially Breitling!

I tried on several watches including the Breitling Premier, and a three hand Navitimer. I felt like the CFB was the best looking watch I tried on that was in stock and had the most to offer: flyback chrono, alligator strap with deployant, very pretty finishing with a see thru case back.

I know the market has changed substantially since this post went up and shortages are driving up prices so there seems to be very little discounting. With Tourneau being owned by Bucherer the AD (not to be confused with Carl F. Bucherer the brand), it seems like they are willing to negotiate.

I had to walked in looking at the Tudor BB58 but I wanted something dressier. According to everything I’ve read online and the salespeople I’ve spoken with, I was lucky that they had one on bracelet in stock. The benefit of the Tudor is the relative (and possibly intentional) scarcity and resale value.

I don’t plan to sell the watch as I want this to be an heirloom to hand down to one of my kids but I would feel better if the CFB had better resale.

I’m leaning towards getting the Flyback Chrono as the looks and what it offers really appeal to me. And even though I’m an average sized guy, I like how the watch fits my wrist. I guess I’m just doing the mental calculus.

My decision comes to do I buy the watch I truly like and damn be the consequences in regard to resale OR do I buy the Tudor and not take a loss if I move it along.

I’m putting this out there for my own benefit. I’m getting it in writing so I can sort out my thoughts. If you want to comment feel free but I just ask that you be kind. Thanks for letting me express myself.
If resale is of any consideration whatsoever, you must pass on CFB…they are simply unsaleable on the secondary market.

In other words, if you buy it, you better love it.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote