View Single Post
Old 6 July 2017, 02:55 AM   #86
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc55 View Post
Great post, I'm very surprised you didn't mention to make note of the last service?

As a buyer, it's very disappointing to spend thousands on a preowned watch, just to turn around and find out it needs an expensive service!
M
Yes, this is something that a lot of sellers don't want to take into consideration because they know it'll lower their price. As a buyer, I always factor this in because the cost of service is no small thing. Also I hate it when sellers claim that it was serviced but have no paperwork to back that up. To me that means that it's either not true or they had some less-than-reputable place service it (and that's a bag of randomness right there with so many fake/replica/clone parts floating around). There is the outside chance that they genuinely lost the paperwork or bought it from someone who lost the paperwork but to me, that's the same as it not being serviced and that has to be taken into consideration.

Maybe "volume" sellers and second hand dealers should include shots of the watch on a timegrapher so you can see exactly how it's running. Sure, it's not a 100% guarantee that the watch doesn't need service but it's at least something.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote