View Single Post
Old 14 August 2017, 01:10 AM   #15
DR.Golf
"TRF" Member

It is not an application piece!

The reality is every AD has multiple calls weekly seeking the watch. When they get one, the clients who have made prior multiple purchases will be rewarded by being offered the piece first. For someone to get one who is on a wait list it will occur after their best clients have passed it by. These watches don't get passed by often yet it does happen, but not often.

Thierry Stern is attempting to prove a point with this watch. When introduced he was bashed by many who claimed the reference had no Patek pure DNA. He has taken the stance I will show you. Look at the price, how does it compare to a gold Aquanaut? Amazing value, right? Then he clamps supply right now and starves the market, not limit but starve. MANY AD's have not seen their third piece yet, some have seen only one and a few have yet to get even one. Many of the ones sold thus far are locked away in collections, further reducing the preowned inventory. This is done because Patek has told the dealers it will not be widely produced. Dealers know what this means.

If you want one from an AD, you likely need to begin purchasing other Pateks and/or other jewellery or watches from a AD, building your relationship and business case.

The watch is in high demand, will Patek ever increase the supply on this reference? I am betting no, Mr. Stern is proving a point and doing so quite successfully.

If you want one now, be prepared to buy preowned and pay a surcharge. BTW, wore mine yesterday. It's a great piece.
DR.Golf is offline   Reply With Quote