Thread: Incoming: 16570
View Single Post
Old 20 June 2017, 08:43 AM   #1
sce767
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613lb
Incoming: 16570

Hi folks! I feel compelled to share with you all my latest acquisition- a 16570 Polar. I know, not the most exciting of new additions, but its a special one for me and one that fills a nice little niche in my Rolex history.

My Rolex-wearing life started in the 5 digit era with a 16610 Submariner. Since that first watch, I've had experience owning just about every 6 digit sports model there is (sub, deepsea, explorer ii 42mm, GMT, you name it).

Recently I started to get that itch for the more simplistic, scaled down styling that I remembered from way back. I think it's the growing love for the 5 digit model across these boards that got my wheels spinning- almost a nostalgia. I think we're nearing that time where we're far away enough removed from when they were last produced to really appreciate the details and differences that set them apart from their 6 digit counterparts. Kind of like when you exit a decade and find it hard to imagine looking back on the 90's or 00's as something unique or distinctive, but before you know it BOOM you see it! The low case profiles, slim lugs, tinny clasps, and rattly bracelets all of a sudden look and feel juuust right to me.

Okay! Thanks for listening. Here's a pic ;)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender 4.jpg (110.9 KB, 265 views)
sce767 is offline   Reply With Quote