View Single Post
Old 1 December 2010, 10:14 PM   #27
fulmitz
"TRF" Member

thanks

I appreciate the support. I told them numerous times I could get it replaced and they said no because they wouldn't do it. I told them they're not the only Rolex dealer around and I could just say it was a gift but I didn't like my initials and get it replaced elsewhere or just buff it out. The salesperson seemed surprised it was store policy but the store manager insisted. They said they could get in trouble with Rolex. To be honest I think it's their way of preventing you from having buyers remorse and returning it the next day.

They insisted it was only on SS Daytona's that they had this policy. They said if I bought the solid 18k gold one no engraving would be required.

Steelerfan1965 They tried to do it without my knowledge. They took it to a mall engraving kiosk to "get it polished up for me" Good thing I know the guy and he asked me if the font was ok. I was like what are you talking about and he showed me. It was just my initials, 2 letters taking up the WHOLE case back. Now it's my initials that are about 2mm tall and wide. It looks like a spec unless you hold it in the right angle.

Otherwise I'm happy with my new watch but I do wish it had the date on it ;)

Fulmitz