View Single Post
Old 16 July 2017, 03:16 AM   #25640
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Hello Everybody..

Wow, been AGES since I've been here. Lots of stuff gone on since I've been here last. Some good, some not so good & the not so good stuff, well, kept me off the forums. No mental energy or emotional energy to be looking at fun stuff. I hope though, that everyone has been doing great in general & in health. :-) Healthwise, I'm doing ok. My left thumb has healed as best as it can & the surgeon has said I am able to use it at full capacity which is awesome news. This issue has been quite an emotional roller coaster. Still dealing with lawyers but all is good. Onward & upward. :-)
My mom passed away Oct.10th. Even though we all know how devastating Alzheimers can be, it happens SO fast which made it more difficult to handle. From having trouble swallowing to passing away, was just 6 weeks. What a nightmare time it was. My brother & I had encouraged our dad to go to see his family in Italy as a couple brothers were sick themselves. So off he goes. He was only gone 1 week when my mom had her 1st choking spell & spent the long weekend in Sept in the hospital. The hospital she was in was a s***h*** & no way could I leave her alone so it was day & night sitting by her side. She was not able to talk. Even in distress, my sweet mother would smile & laugh. They though she was ok but wasn't. The hospital sure got a special letter from me alright. :-/ That damn disease didn't rob her of her personality thank god. So..she got discharged too soon despite my protestations. Well, a week later, she was back in ER with aspiration pneumonia only worse. After a couple days we called our father to come home. She was not recovering. She left the hospital the 2nd time as a palliative patient. No further measures & we watched her over the course of 2 weeks. She left us peacefully & completely medicated. I wasn't going to let her go out of this world any other way but in a peaceful state. ** sigh ** I wish I could say that the experience was a great one but it sure wasn't. Incompetant medical care & nursing care was really draining. Letters were written & at least the facility admitted their errors but sure didn't help that no one was listening to me. I can be a bit aggressive. LMAO Hey, I'm a daughter, Italian to boot, & an ICU nurse so don't piss me off or else. ;-D Anyway, didn't mean to go into a huge story but all of that "stuff" I mentioned earlier just weighted me down so much that sparklies & watches & fun stuff were the last things on my mind. Thank you to those who sent me birthday wishes in February. I still wasn't yet back to myself. Winter blues suck. Plus, was busy helping my brother out at his place with reno's. I like that kind of stuff. I'm a good painter & he took advantage of that. LOL

I'm now back to my old self & looking forward to being back on the forum. I really do need to sell my Submariner, sadly, I have not worn it for a couple yrs now & although my hand has improved, the muscle mass I've lost, it is really too heavy & bulky to wear. :-( BUT, there are other models, although limited because I need to cap my size off at 36mm, but there are some options I can look into. :-)

How has the summer been going for everyone? It's been typical summer here in the Toronto area. A bit more rain than we're used to but otherwise ok. We had a few days of intense heat just as my air conditioning stopped working. LOL Now that I have a new compressor, it's cool enough I don't need it. LOL What a kick in the head. Anyway, if or when we get hot weather, I'll be cool & comfy. ;-)

I'm off to catch up on what's been going on around here. :-)

Judy
:-)
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote