View Single Post
Old 17 July 2017, 05:46 PM   #25647
vitalsignsrn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116234 - 14060M
Hi Everybody,
Thank you for your welcome back & your condolences. :-) My sweet mother is in my thoughts every day. I often will grab a coffee & a cannoli & go chat with her a bit. LOL It sounds ludicrous but keeps me connected. Also helps she's in an indoor mausoleum so I can sit inside. Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to all her neighbours too. hahaha But I sometimes worry that if I'm having espresso & a cannoli, will someone's ghost come & slap that out of my hand in defiance. LOL LOL They are all Italian. LOL

Glad to be back posting like the old days. :-) But boy the coffeeshop has been pretty quiet the last few months. Thank you hers4eva for the virtual hug. :-) Nice to meet you & welcome to TRF. If that's your DJ in your avatar, it's beautiful. :-)

Hi Karis!! Nice to see you again after all this time. How is the baby? Or are there 2 at this point? LOL I agree about the watch. It's really become a dilemma. I totally forgot the issues of finding some nato straps to try as I was given this advice last year when I was humming & hawing about this very thing. I was so unsure, I shelved the watch to deal with at a different time, well, that different time is come around. I still in my deepest part of my heart still think the actual dial is the problem being so large. BUT, I'll give the nato a try. In the meantime I'll check around with some grey sellers & see what they have. I wouldn't mind either a 116000 Oyster perpetual , Blue, 3-6-9- or a 116200 Datejust with domed bezel, oyster bracelet & blue dial with sticks.

I'm going to try searching the Tudor threads. I tried on the Black Bay 36. It's a nice watch, & looked great. But I'm not sure if it has an identity crisis. Looks great, elegant & sporty at the same time. If I want more of a sporty look I can use the nato strap. But every time I blinked I hoped a black bezel would appear. LOL It's not really a diver but it is. It did look great, & is a candidate although the blue dial has always been on my radar. Gorgeous blue. Karis, you still rocking your Daytona? Looks great on you.
Thanks Gus, I'm back & hope to contribute as much as I can. :-)

Greg, from diagnose to death was 9 yrs. She is not suffering any longer. I'm ok with her being at peace. I think anyone who has or has had a parent with Alzheimers second guesses if they have it too, including myself. What can we do if we get it? Live our lives the best & to the fullest we can.
I keep thinking, oh, I'll wait for Basel next year maybe they'll be what I want. Nope, been about 3 now that hasn't affected me personally. Eh, I'll keep my eyes out. :-D

PS.. having some insomnia tonight so excuse the typos.LOL
vitalsignsrn is offline   Reply With Quote